• Pan Am Passenger Trains

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

by RenegadeMonster

This morning there was a Pan Am Passenger Train at North Station.

It contained 2 Pan Am engines and had somewhere between 4 and 6 cars. I couldn't get a good view of all of it across the platforms when getting off my train. The only car number I was able to get was ST102. The cars were blue and it looked like there were several different styles of cars on the train. The one in front of ST102 was of a different design and the one all the way in the front on platform 1 was different yet. Wonder if it has a control cab?

Anyone one have more info on Pan Am Passenger Trains, what their cars are or have any pictures.

Also, does anyone know what it was doing at North Station this morning. I assume for an excursion of some sort?

Also, are there ever excursions open to the general public?
  by deathtopumpkins

That's Pan Am's business train. There's already an active thread about it in this very forum, where this trip is discussed:
http://railroad.net/forums/viewtopic.ph ... start=1110" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
  by RenegadeMonster

Thanks,

Tried doing a search but the forum kept telling me I couldn't use "Passenger" as a search term because it is too common :wink: