Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

by thrdkilr

I was refered from the HO forum here for information about model its for LIRR P-70, P-72, and P-75 coaches. I have tried the resin kits from Image replicas, Fun...& Cam...., and Three Brothers, with out much luck. The directions are terrible, they have gaps, and the wheels are usually not right. Me not being a great modeler might have something to do with it also. Time is also a problem. Does anyone know of any others? Thank you for any assistance....

Mac

by scopelliti

FWIW the World's Fair P75 coaches are supposed to be rerun early this year by Funaro & Camerlengo with one piece body castings.

by LIengineerBob

There are no others available. Working with resin kits is a skill which has to be acquired with time and patience. 9 times out of 10, resin kits are hand cast part by part in a rubber mold by hand using only very basic tools....sometimes no more than your own hands and a few mixing cups and stirrers, not made on a production line like a "ready to run" model. I would suggest picking up a few cheap-o resin kits to practice on to get a better hang of it, then have a go at the resin LIRR cars. You'll be glad to know, even if you majorly screwed up one of the kits, with some careful work, you can totally disassemble, strip the paint and reassemble the kit.