• Owego & Harford in SAYRE - Lehigh Railway

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

by thannon

Just drove by Sayre yard and caught the LRWY as they came up. Long cut of cars from the station to almost the first crossing. Didn't seem like they took all them - power was a GP40 and a Uboat and I'm sure if all that was heading east(south) it wouldn't be good. They were interchanged and heading back at 13:30.

The facility on the east end of the yard has around a dozen or so bulkhead flats with what look to be drilling extentions.

Also - GE railcar has a Guilford/B&M boxcar in the waiting line in relatively good looking white paint....
  by sallenparks

Well it seems instead of be rebuilt for use on the LRWY the two RS18's are going to the LAL as B&H 416 & WNYP 417.
  by thebigham

Do any Lehigh Railway fans know if the Towanda Monroeton line is being operated? Last time I knew, the line was out of service due to a washout.
  by K4Pacific

Three years ago. 5 employees. 2012= 100 employees. Busy railroad on the LRWY.
  by K4Pacific

That Branch is Andy Muellers. Id check that side Big Ham.
  by sallenparks

A Lot of big pipe going down the Lehigh now a days there was about seven ttx flats maybe a little more on the cut NS dropped on Friday.Also the LV caboose was moved from the parking lot over along side the passenger depot where the U23b was going to go it sits right in the middle of the track now.
  by setaf

thebigham wrote:Do any Lehigh Railway fans know if the Towanda Monroeton line is being operated? Last time I knew, the line was out of service due to a washout.
Don't think so, the rails are mighty rusty. Too bad. Only had a couple chances to see a green unit operate, and that was the ex LV unit that first came up.
  by setaf

sallenparks wrote:A Lot of big pipe going down the Lehigh now a days there was about seven ttx flats maybe a little more on the cut NS dropped on Friday.Also the LV caboose was moved from the parking lot over along side the passenger depot where the U23b was going to go it sits right in the middle of the track now.

As I remember the museum scrapped the idea of the U23 right? That was a shame if they did.
  by scottychaos

setaf wrote: As I remember the museum scrapped the idea of the U23 right? That was a shame if they did.
Sadly, yes..the deal fell through.
setaf wrote: Don't think so, the rails are mighty rusty. Too bad. Only had a couple chances to see a green unit operate, and that was the ex LV unit that first came up.
The TMSL unit was not a LV unit, just painted in a LV-inspired paintscheme.
TMSL SW1 No. 26 (now RBMN) was originally Atlantic Coast Line..

Scot
  by setaf

scottychaos wrote:
setaf wrote: As I remember the museum scrapped the idea of the U23 right? That was a shame if they did.
Sadly, yes..the deal fell through.
setaf wrote: Don't think so, the rails are mighty rusty. Too bad. Only had a couple chances to see a green unit operate, and that was the ex LV unit that first came up.
The TMSL unit was not a LV unit, just painted in a LV-inspired paintscheme.
TMSL SW1 No. 26 (now RBMN) was originally Atlantic Coast Line..

Scot
Hi Scot,
As I remember the museum didn't have the money for transporting it up here. At least the amount the NS wanted.

Yes, I know about the 26, but meant to say I got to see the RBMN 802? operate a couple of times when it first came up here. It was an ex LV, but froze up that winter and was replaced by another unit. I'm assuming there is no green unit up here at all now, but haven't looked in the shed. The 26 sits outside rusting.
  by scottychaos

setaf wrote:
Hi Scot,
As I remember the museum didn't have the money for transporting it up here. At least the amount the NS wanted.
No, that wasn't it..The issue wasnt with the museum or NS..
the museum was ready to go ahead..the deal fell through on the other end..
setaf wrote: Yes, I know about the 26, but meant to say I got to see the RBMN 802? operate a couple of times when it first came up here. It was an ex LV, but froze up that winter and was replaced by another unit. I'm assuming there is no green unit up here at all now, but haven't looked in the shed. The 26 sits outside rusting.
oh! right..I forgot about the LV units on RBMN..(they have three LV SW8's, RBMN 801, 802 and 803)

Scot
  by setaf

scottychaos wrote:
setaf wrote:
Hi Scot,
No, that wasn't it..The issue wasnt with the museum or NS..
the museum was ready to go ahead..the deal fell through on the other end..
setaf wrote: Yes, I know about the 26, but meant to say I got to see the RBMN 802? operate a couple of times when it first came up here. It was an ex LV, but froze up that winter and was replaced by another unit. I'm assuming there is no green unit up here at all now, but haven't looked in the shed. The 26 sits outside rusting.
oh! right..I forgot about the LV units on RBMN..(they have three LV SW8's, RBMN 801, 802 and 803)

Scot

Didn't know about the deal falling through on the other end. Too bad, it would have been quite a coup to have both the caboose and a loco. I did get some pics of the 802? when it was up here, I think they are still on the TMSL forum. In fact you may have helped me put them there. :-) It was nice to see LV on LV track again, even if it was painted green. :-)