• Operational (or servicable) Alco RS-11's

• Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.
Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, cjl330, mikec

by pablo

Actually, to add to this, what ones are derelict?

David Becker

by Luther Brefo

7215 is active IIRC.

by pablo

Rather than edit...allow me to fix what I meant to say: are any left hanging around, or did they all get scrapped?

Dave Becker

by Nova55

ME only kept the 7215, the rest are scrapped or are in the process of being.

http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/archiv ... x?id=21555 Photos of the last few getting torched.

by blockline4180

Nova55 wrote:ME only kept the 7215, the rest are scrapped or are in the process of being.

http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/archiv ... x?id=21555 Photos of the last few getting torched.
That is right.... The only engine operating is the 7215... I have been told that M&E prefers the alco C424/C425 varietes for pulling freight rather then the RS11's and other smaller alcos they bought,..

Don't be fooled, M&E would like to remain mostly an alco operation even if it doesn't include the RS11's... Gotta remember alco parts are getting very hard to come by!

by Alcoman

... Gotta remember alco parts are getting very hard to come by![/quote]

ALCO parts are NOT getting hard to come by. 251 Engine parts are still made bt FM/ALCO in WI. Plus there are at least 5 used parts dealers supplying parts to anyone who needs them.

by Steve F45

i should drive by and see if there is a spare horn to buy.
  by Sandy Burton

If you really want a horn, I would stop by sooner rather than later. I stopped by yesterday and they are moving quite quickly in cutting up these locomotives. :(

Sandy
  by Sandy Burton

Too late for horns.

Sandy

by Nova55

There was no horns there last week...

by PVRX1

The trucks are more lucrative then the horns.

Alco parts are out there, the only ones that are trickier to find are 244 parts.

by Nova55

Most of the trucks are going as well, only one set had save on them that I remember.

Twin Forks Chapter NRHS has been trying to get rid of a set of the trucks for almost a year with no luck, and are most likely to get scrapped as well.
  by thebigham

7204 - stored at Lake Junction
7206 - scrapped 4/07
7207 - scrapped 4/07
7208 - scrapped 4/07
7211 - scrapped 4/07
7212 - stored at Lake Junction
7213 - scrapped 4/07
7214 - scrapped 6/06
7215 - in service
7216 - scrapped 6/06

Sandy Burton says that the M&E may be keeping one more RS11. Will it be 7204 or 7212?
Last edited by thebigham on Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  by Sandy Burton

Both are presently a Lake Junction. I would not go to the bank with only one being kept. With a short line you never know what changing business condition will change a plan.

Sandy