• ONCT and B&H traffic patterns?

• Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.
Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.

Moderator: Luther Brefo

by brward

Went out this past weekend and scouted the ONCT and B&H. To no avail, there were no trains running but I did enjoy tracing both lines and spotting many photo ops. Can anyone give me some insight into the traffic patterns of both railroads and do either run on the weekends?
Thanks,
Brian
http://trainworks.net/

by scottychaos

thats the problem! "weekends"! :wink:

I also usually only have weekends to do any railfanning..
I have stopped by Lakeville, Victor and Cohocton plenty of times on weekends over the last 10 years...never once saw a train running on a weekend. :(

they might run on a weekend as-needed for something unusual,
but they dont operate weekends as a normal practice.

Scot

by Mike Stellpflug

LA&L #72 was switching cars in "downtown" Lakeville this past Saturday ( 6/9/07) morning. I often see some activity in Lakeville on Saturday mornings as I pass thru town. I know that doesn't answer the question about the B&H and ONCT, but there is always a chance that you could catch some Lakeville activity.

Mike S.

by Mike Stellpflug

Now I'm not sure if I saw the 72 last Saturday or if it was 2 Saturdays ago. I was at Smith Lumber the last 2 Saturdays, and on one of those visits, 72 was switching cars next to Smith Lumber. :-D We usually go shopping in Geneseo on Saturday mornings, and quite often there is a headlight up by Sweeteners Plus when we cross the tracks in Lakeville.

Mike S.

by Otto Vondrak

According to Ontario Central's website, "Train service operates as required to/from Shortsville, typically 2X/week. ONCT usually meets the FGLK turn out of Geneva for same-day service. Patrons are switched as required, including weekends." While they mention weekday service, I would believe those movements are rare.

-otto-

by brward

Getting away from any weekend activity, if I were to take a weekday and visit the area again, which day would prove to be the best?
Thanks.

Brian

by sallenparks

Brian for the B&H Tuesday or Thursday seems to be the best but they can be running anyday my dad drives cab and goes out to PaintedPost regulary end of the line on the south end and seen them on Monday's and even Friday's.