Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

by MACTRAXX

Dieter,Otto and all: Hi! My name is MACTRAXX and this is only my second post ever on RR.net! I have always liked the 2-tone blue M logo-perhaps I am biased as M is my only initial- I have been interested in this subject almost since I was old enough to notice-the 2 tone blue with silver gray background is one of my favorite color combinations. I remember the M/M bicentennial logo-I have one as a poster in my collection. On the left is a regular M logo intersperced with a R/W/B stars and stripes M. It is printed on coated PAPER - because of this,they did not last that long. Trivia Q/A: Which rail equipment said M-METROPOLITAN? which no one mentioned at all - Answer: The LIRR 1969 'Silver Streak' equipment: the experimental late 70s M1 style Turbine electric cars and the original MNCR equipment used W of Hudson. I got to like the circle 'meatball' M as used by MNCR-why did LIRR stick with the 2Tone blue M for so long? I HATE the Pac-Man logo and have hated it from day one - I especially dislike the subway equipment where it has been placed right over the engraved mirror-like NYC TRANSIT signs on some cars-the wording was correct to begin with! The LIRR mini-meatball used in the early 90s was OK but a little small. THANKS ALL - MACTRAXX

by KFRG

The SBK (South Brooklyn) also wore the two-tone M logo on GE units N1 and N2.

-Tom