• NYSW to own CEFX leasors

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

by NYSW4052

Only thing I can add to the color discussion is this photo of the pre-Maywood days of 206 while she was rusting in place behind PSE&G. The color was a light gray, not cream. (Taken Feb. 1, 2006 from half way up PSEG stack 2..)

by ns3010

Scot, I also think the maroon is too light (too red), but I'm not sure about the cream. The maroon from the silver unit looks much better. Could you try using that maroon with the cream?
  by fredrick

NYSW4052 wrote:Only thing I can add to the color discussion is this photo of the pre-Maywood days of 206 while she was rusting in place behind PSE&G. The color was a light gray, not cream. (Taken Feb. 1, 2006 from half way up PSEG stack 2..)

i like the picture. it would look better. if was restored and painted.
  by scottychaos

ns3010 wrote:Scot, I also think the maroon is too light (too red), but I'm not sure about the cream. The maroon from the silver unit looks much better. Could you try using that maroon with the cream?
yep, I agree..I did a tweaked version:

click for full-size:

Maroon & Grey:

"Old" Maroon & Cream:

Updated Maroon & Cream:

Color codes for new version:
Maroon:
R 121
G 2
B 5

Cream:
R 235
G 229
B 188

Hex codes:
Maroon: 790205
Cream: EBE5BC

thoughts on the new version?
thanks,
Scot
  by charlie6017

I like the updated version better, myself!

Charlie
  by kingfish

The updated color scheme is quite striking. VMV is researching paint codes that may approach the digital picture. Having said that it would be great if I could give bragging rights to an intrepid railfan that could propose actaul paint codes.

Thanks to everyone for the input and shared interest. Things are moving along!
  by scottychaos

This should be useful:

http://www.easyrgb.com/index.php?X=SEEK

plug the RGB numbers into it, and you can convert to many different manufacturer codes:

Maroon:
R 121
G 2
B 5

Cream:
R 235
G 229
B 188

Hex codes:
Maroon: 790205
Cream: EBE5BC

Munsell color codes are an "industry standard"..
using that webpage, we get:

Maroon = Munsell 10R 2/12
Creme = Munsell 5Y 9/2

Are those helpful?

Scot
  by kingfish

We will give it a shot. Thanks Scot as those codes are headed to Paducah. I learn something everyday.
  by ns3010

I also think the updated maroon is better, both personal opinion and, more importantly, for historical accuracy.

I'm really excited to see this moving along! This is cool!
  by Steve F45

Updated is much better.

If the "heritage" unit comes to be. I think a round of applause should be given to King and Scotty for making it happen!!!
  by NYSW4052

fredrick wrote:
NYSW4052 wrote:Only thing I can add to the color discussion is this photo of the pre-Maywood days of 206 while she was rusting in place behind PSE&G. The color was a light gray, not cream. (Taken Feb. 1, 2006 from half way up PSEG stack 2..)

(photo removed - see above to view)
i like the picture. it would look better. if was restored and painted.

Best we can do is here: http://www.maywoodstation.com

Look down the side for the tabs "NYS&W Alco S-2 #206"
  by fredrick

i like the pictures of the trains.or train models etc.specially the one with the train work shop. i like to say thank you.to all.
Last edited by fredrick on Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  by sportsguy

kingfish wrote:We will give it a shot. Thanks Scot as those codes are headed to Paducah. I learn something everyday.
I think i may cry.
Hey King do you have any new photos yet?
  by charlie6017

This is very cool.........super job, Scot!

Thanks go out to everyone involved! Cheers!

Charlie