• NYSW to own CEFX leasors

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

by NYSW3022

sallenparks wrote:Why waste time rebuilding, CEFX has EX. SOO SD60's.
You are more correct than you possibly know.

waldwickrailfan wrote:they are the current CEFX engines renumbered to 3800 series, and rebuilt to SD60's. also painted in NYSW colors, again this is just what i'm told, not saying it is 100% right, things change, just remember that as something may change later on.
You are dead wrong. But you're forgiven. Everyone was an excitable child once in their lives.
  by Steve F45

ok so if im understanding things and if, again if they are true. NYSW is getting SD60's from CEFX and will rebuild those, not the current SD40-3's that are running around now?
  by waldwickrailfan

NYSW3022 wrote:
waldwickrailfan wrote:they are the current CEFX engines renumbered to 3800 series, and rebuilt to SD60's. also painted in NYSW colors, again this is just what i'm told, not saying it is 100% right, things change, just remember that as something may change later on.
You are dead wrong. But you're forgiven. Everyone was an excitable child once in their lives.
do you work for NYSW. if not, stop saying what you think will happen. and i'm not "dead wrong" it was not me who said it was going to happen. the guy who told me said it is most likly to happen.

also i'm not a child.
  by NYSW3022

You're wrong. You received incorrect information hence you are wrong.
  by NYSW3022

Steve F45 wrote:ok so if im understanding things and if, again if they are true. NYSW is getting SD60's from CEFX and will rebuild those, not the current SD40-3's that are running around now?
This is correct.
  by waldwickrailfan

You still diddnt give me an answer. How do you know I'm wrong? Do you work for NYSW? Also how do you know Steve is right? Maybe your wrong too!
  by NYSW3022

waldwickrailfan wrote:You still diddnt give me an answer. How do you know I'm wrong? Do you work for NYSW? Also how do you know Steve is right? Maybe your wrong too!
I'm under zero obligation to answer you. Lets assume for a moment I say yes, you'll demand proof which would reveal identity. Again I am under no obligation to do so. I can tell you with certainty that you are wrong.
  by waldwickrailfan

i'm just asking if you do or dont. nothing else, that's it. but how can you tell me im wrong if you think something differently and assume it's going to happen?
  by NYSW3022

waldwickrailfan wrote:i'm just asking if you do or dont. nothing else, that's it. but how can you tell me im wrong if you think something differently and assume it's going to happen?
I don't think I know. You've taken rumor and conjecture and mashed this into an absurd fantasy. The nysw is buying sd60 locomotives and having those worked on. No one buys sd40s and rebuilds them to sd60 standards. If you had any idea what you were talking about you'd realize how dumb your babble sounds.
  by waldwickrailfan

NYSW3022 wrote:
waldwickrailfan wrote:i'm just asking if you do or dont. nothing else, that's it. but how can you tell me im wrong if you think something differently and assume it's going to happen?
I don't think I know. You've taken rumor and conjecture and mashed this into an absurd fantasy. The nysw is buying sd60 locomotives and having those worked on. No one buys sd40s and rebuilds them to sd60 standards. If you had any idea what you were talking about you'd realize how dumb your babble sounds.
1) how do you not know if you work there.
2) it is not a fantasy
3) im not dumb, and what im saying is legit.

and i may be just a railfan, but what i was told came from a NYSW employee.

and what i posted may not be 100% correct. he just told me it is MOST LIKELY to happen, saying it CAN CHANGE. and it probobly has.
  by NYSW3022

waldwickrailfan wrote:
NYSW3022 wrote:
1) how do you not know if you work there.
2) it is not a fantasy
3) im not dumb, and what im saying is legit.

and i may be just a railfan, but what i was told came from a NYSW employee.

and what i posted may not be 100% correct. he just told me it is MOST LIKELY to happen, saying it CAN CHANGE. and it probobly has.
Let me break this down like a fraction for you (Don't worry, you'll cover fractions when you hit 6th grade in a year or two)

1. "I don't think, I know" granted, my grammar was incorrect. I mean I don't think I'm right, I know I'm right.
2. Your version is 100% fantasy
3. The first part is debatable. The second is flat out wrong.

This whole topic started because you saw something on facebook by someone you aren't even sure is an NYS&W employee. So how did you suddenly get the inside scoop from an employee in the last 12 hours?
  by NYSW3022

For those of you without facebook, this is what started it all. Taken from Altoonaworks Facebook page.
I hear you guys put in a bid to rebuild the SD60's that the NYSW is getting. I heard from my boss that u guys and someone out west are the 2 bidders. Do you know anything about it?
Now no where does this say that these are SD40's, SD45's or SD anything else other than SD60's. They are purchasing 8 SD60's of SOO/Indiana RR/CEFX heritage (in the 6000 number range). I will not reveal how I know, but my source is above reproach and 100% reliable in all matters on and off the rail road.
  by waldwickrailfan

i've hit 6th grade many years ago. it is not 100% fantasy, im not making this up. maybe the guy im getting the information from is, but i dont know, he is like that sometimes. and i got this info the last time i saw him, Tuesday. i was just busy and someone else on Facebook, also states he is an employee, i just typed as little info at the start at this topic and clearly should have put more, sorry for bothering you, and maybe some others, but that is all the info he gave to me.
  by waldwickrailfan

NYSW3022 wrote:For those of you without facebook, this is what started it all. Taken from Altoonaworks Facebook page.
I hear you guys put in a bid to rebuild the SD60's that the NYSW is getting. I heard from my boss that u guys and someone out west are the 2 bidders. Do you know anything about it?
Now no where does this say that these are SD40's, SD45's or SD anything else other than SD60's. They are purchasing 8 SD60's of SOO/Indiana RR/CEFX heritage (in the 6000 number range). I will not reveal how I know, but my source is above reproach and 100% reliable in all matters on and off the rail road.
that is not the only person who said that.

just for arguments sake, your right and im wrong, you happy now?
  by waldwickrailfan

NYSW3022 wrote:For those of you without facebook, this is what started it all. Taken from Altoonaworks Facebook page.
also how do you know they are soo and indiana rr related. all said was CEFX.