• NYSW Passenger Equipment on Pompton Industrial

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

by Sid Farkus

As I went over the crossing near some fenced in NYSW customer in Riverdale I saw on the siding a string of Passenger cars. The only one I could make out was an ex-metra bi-level car. There were several other cars there as well, but I didn't get a good look. Anyone know anything about this or seen this?
  by oknazevad

Saw those there back in November. One was an RDC, and a couple looked like ex-LIRR P-72s, but I couldn't get a great look.
  by Steamtown Observer

I think this is part of the NYS&WT&HS misfits and outcasts.
  by cjvrr

These cars had been on the siding in Butler adjacent to the NYS&WTHS enginehouse for years. They were moved down to Riverdale last fall. Probably a good move as that are in Riverdale is fenced. Butler is not, and the cars have suffered with graffiti and vandalism because of it.
  by Sid Farkus

So do you know exactly what cars are there and what plans does the THS have for those cars?
  by alewifebp

I'm guessing these were the ones that were stored in Rochelle Park for a while?