Discussion relating to the past and present operations of the NYC Subway, PATH, and Staten Island Railway (SIRT).

Moderator: GirlOnTheTrain

by Robert Paniagua

All right everyone, I decided to go on another Christmas excursion on board the NYCTA. Same routes pretty much, but let me break it down here. First, after coming off the Metro-North train, I boarded the Tomes square Shuttle on R62A 1931 (last car), went to Times Square plus lunch followed by the Rockefeller Center Tree display. Then I started this:

2674=R68 from 47-50 Sts till Coney Island. Did some head-end viewing out the fuzzy window all the way to Coney Island.
5886=R46, last car, from Coney till 42 Street Bryant Park Station.
1770=R62A on Line 7 from there till GCT, where I took MNRR home to my aunts place in CT.

Next day, 12/26:

I rode MNRR to GCT, and after that, it went this way:
1916=R62A Shuttle to Times Sq
5374=R44 A train to Broad Channel, and yes, I broke out the camcorder and videotaped out the front cab access door fuzzy window till I jumped ship at Broad Channel.
5360=R44 for the Rockaway Park Shuttle, took it to Rock Park of course, and I once again stopped at the Rockaway Sunset Diner a block southeast of thet station.
5452=R44 Shuttle back inbound, I had a few nice words with the motorperson commenting on how I liked the R44 and R46 vehicles which are practically the same.
5430=R44 A train from Brad Channel till 42 St.
1681=last ride, R62A from Times Square (Line 7) till GCT, and from there I left to CT, on the way back to Boston.

So, not a bad ride after all, and No hassle problems while videotaping.

by CS

Do you have any other video of your railfanning?

by Robert Paniagua

Yeah, I have the Red Line from Alewife to Braintree
The F Line from Ditmas Avenue till Avenue X (Coney Isladnd was closed at the time)
The D Line from 9th Avenue till CI
the Shuttle from Broad Channel to Rockaway Park.
Metro-North from PortChester till GCT.
Also, various WMATA and Toronto TTC lines as well.