• NYCSHS web site needs improvement

• Discussion relating to the NYC and subsidiaries, up to 1968. Visit the NYCS Historical Society for more information.
Discussion relating to the NYC and subsidiaries, up to 1968. Visit the NYCS Historical Society for more information.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

by jhands

Bring it on!!! We accept donations!
Jeff

Otto Vondrak wrote:That's all well and good, I am glad this stuff is preserved... but our web site currently does not even tell anyone about the New York Central railroad... only about the products of the Society. I just want to introduce some basic material about the railroad to our society's web site...

-otto-
  by Roger Hensley

jhands wrote:I do this as a volunteer effort - having to sacrifice time from my family to make changes to the site. Sure it's one thing to offer that you can do something for the organization, but can you do it for several years? Make changes on a moment's notice? Redesign on the fly? I asked at the business meeting in April how I could make it better, have offered this to the members at the last 3 meetings... yet no one has jumped up to offer. So I will keep doing my job...
I can understand this. I handle the main NMRA web site, NMRA Standards and the NMRA Beginner pages as well as the NMRA Central Indiana Division, my ECI model railroad pages, the Labelle Woodworking web site and my own Railroads of Madison County web site. I would like to help the society, but there are just so many hours in the day and that precludes taking on more. In fact, I have been cutting back some. That's one reason that I have not offered suggestions or my assistance. If I can't do it justice, I'll keep still unless I am asked. :-)

by Otto Vondrak

I know about maintaining web sites in spare time... but I only assumed the the Board controls/suggests what goes on the web site? At any rate, I will try to develop some content on my own and offer it to the NYCSHS web site.

-otto-