• NYAR Train Sighting Thread

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
  by Crabman1130

A Geep and a 1500 through Farmingdale with 35 mixed cars around 9:15 tonight.
  by DogBert

Maspeth with 2 MP15s this morning - switching out the various customers there. Plenty of box & stone cars.
  by murfunit

Caught GP38-2 #268 and MP15 #155 heading east through Mineola at 11:30 this morning. About a dozen various gondolas and a lumber car on the end.
  by murfunit

Today 11-28-14 I was in Mineola again and saw NYA freight led by by GP38 268 and MP15 155 towing 22 gons heading east. This occurred at about 1120 AM.
  by Train2009

murfunit wrote:Today 11-28-14 I was in Mineola again and saw NYA freight led by by GP38 268 and MP15 155 towing 22 gons heading east. This occurred at about 1120 AM.
I saw it too in Queens Village at 10:55/10:56 AM.
  by DogBert

2 SWs heading toward arch st. around 10:30 pm, seen near greenpoint ave bridge.
  by csx8851

Visited NYA Fresh Pond in the snow today and to my surprise I saw an SW paired with a GP38 CIT unit doing some switching around 10am. Heres some pics.

by Train2009

At 9:27 AM this morning #155 was running long - hood forward westbound from Fresh Pound with 3 Lumber and a Box car and at 12:12 PM this afternoon it was headed back to Queens with a Green box and 3 empty Lumber cars. The Saturday run was seen in New Hyde Park.
  by peconicstation

Saw 2 NYA Geeps earlier this afternoon running westbound at Peconic, yes I said Peconic.

I would assume that they were contracted by the MTA to act as track clearers, for although we only got about 5 inches of snow, it has been blowing like crazy
causing huge drifting on the tracks. At this time of the year there is no LIRR service out here on weekends, and tomorrow, President's Day.

Ken
  by peconicstation

The same pair just came east bound at 4:34 pm, one of the engines is number 270.

Ken
  by DogBert

SW/MP combo switching around maspeth and wheelspur this morning. They left tankers at wheelspur and collected an empty lumber car.
  by AlKaLI

Farmingdale, NY - Friday evening 4-24-15 9:05 PM NYA freight came blasting through heading west. MP15AC/GP38-2 combo with the MP running cab first! 43 cars in tow. First out were 3 box, then about 30 GATX hoppers (probably empty), some gons, then a few more box and empty CB flats.

Was hoping to catch an EB as Coastal had a lot of C&D loads and in the darkness saw cars at Posillico and the Trackmobile was in the gated area. Decided not to stay around.
  by murfunit

While in Mineola, I caught eastbound freight led by MP15 AC 151 and GP38-2 271 at 12:30pm with 20 various gondolas.
  by AlKaLI

Unusual for the time of day, but as my LIRR train headed east into Jamaica, NYA 155/156 headed west on the freight by-pass track at 5:15 PM on 6-1-15. Looks the like train was returning from Farmingdale. !0 empty TLTX and GACX hoppers and 6 loaded C&D gons from Coastal.