• NYAR on News 12 Long Island today? 7/22?

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
  by Sir Ray

jayrmli wrote:It's the old spur to Pilgrim State.
Then it is the spur I was talking about, and going by Bing Bird-Eye there is nothing but a scraggle of trees on either side of the ROW.
Even better, this spur was supposed to provide the rail access to the long proposed Pilgrim Intermodal terminal - this slightly confused blog entry has a useful rough map of the spur & proposed intermodal terminal (as well as indicating the route to the hospital coal dock was kinda convoluated, as I surmised). Wonder what our environmental video star Patricia would have thought of that plan.
Anyway, following the ROW to I guess it's eastward end, look at this Bing view - is that the former hospital Passenger station (more like a shelter) just a little south of that intersection on what's label 'G' Road?
  by RRChef

Here is the State's website for the proposed Pilgrim Intermodal facility:

https://www.nysdot.gov/portal/page/port ... intermodal

According to the DEIS there are 6 rare native plant species sitewide. There are close to 30 invasive non-native species sitewide. I'm all for saving open land and preserving plants and animals but where does it stop? There seems to be a number of groups lining up to oppose this development. That's the problem with Long Island. Too many people with too much time and money on their hands, each with their own agenda for saving some obscure property, house, tree, etc. etc. etc.