• NYAR inside news for Thanksgiving week

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
  by AMICUS OPERARIUS

Railfans,

I've been told from an inside source that although the NY&A is providing turkeys for all its employees, there will be little time for day-after leftovers for the crews, as all their trains will be running Friday.

Rumor is however that "the needs of service" won't keep a certain someone from missing the State Farm Lone Star Showdown

Way to take one for the Team!!!!

The good news for some of us though, is that this does provide us with a perfect excuse to take the kids trainspotting......."Why so you can play Mrs. Claus honey and take care of all the shopping..........without me " Now thats what I call a WIN-WIN!!!!!!!!! :P

by phantom

Oh Boy!! I want Thursday! Any extra will do! Please !!!

by Knife-Switch

Careful what you wish for Phantom.........

As for me I'd rather spend the day with my dysfunctional family rather than our dysfunctional short-line :wink:

Is Rusty still in the Navy?????

by phantom

"Save the neck for me, Clark!"
  by freightguy

Phantom was the Turkey decoy ever purchased for the front lawn? We haven't had any group meetings in quite sometime. If you refer to your company handbook this is on page 8 under section II. Or was that a chicken?

by Knife-Switch

Freightguy....

I believe there is only one type of Holiday Turkey that interests the phantom.....

by phantom

Very good! The funniest part of "the front lawn chicken" story was the expression that Rev. Bill had, sitting in the front seat next to our leader! "That's a great idea! I think we turn left at the Com-pa-ray store!"

by AMICUS OPERARIUS

Went past Fresh Pond Yard last night, not too much action; actually looked kinda empty.

As for Turkeys though, that guy at the security gate is one Strange Bird!!! He repeated everything he said twice...twice.

by mutz155

THE ONLY TURKEYS THOSE FOLKS GET COME EVERY TURKSDAY - I MEAN THURSDAY!!!!!!!