• NS Detour trains-10/21/06

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

by Phase Gap

Around 5 pm today 10/21/06 NS will be running detour trains up NJ Transit Bergen County,Main Line and the Tier......There is a major derailment in western PA...This should be the first of at least a few detours.

by amoreho1

how far will the trains go be fore returning to ns trackage

by Noel Weaver

amoreho1 wrote:how far will the trains go be fore returning to ns trackage
Probably Binghamton.
Noel Weaver

by oibu

West of CP-Sparrow (west side of Port Jervis), they are on NS trackage.

by trainfreak

I think technically once they get to CP-Sparrow it turns to CNY trackage and the trains need NYSW crews for the run up until Binghamton.

by oibu

CNY leases it. NS owns it. I'm pretty sure NS can still run their own trains there, should they decide to, whenever they want (subject to NYS&W traffic and dispatching,of course).

by mainetrain

Saw what appeared to be SU100 on Saturday morning at Campbell Hall around 8am, led by a CSX SD Dark future unit

by Steve F45

mainetrain wrote:Saw what appeared to be SU100 on Saturday morning at Campbell Hall around 8am, led by a CSX SD Dark future unit
SD70M, a second csx unit and i believe 2 nysw's. They had 2 99's go out that night.

by SecaucusJunction

NS can still run trains over the Tier from Binghamton to Sparrow. Part of the agreement was that they retained overhead trackage rights over the segment