• NS Coal train puts 35+ cars on the ground

• Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.
Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.

Moderator: Luther Brefo

by railwatcher

An NS Coal train traveling across WNYP territory lost 35+ cars near Carrolton, NY (east of Salamanca). Since I am in NY city, Somebody else has to fill in the details.

by railwatcher

The count of damaged and derailed was finally 42. Track sections were put back into place and the line reopened at 9:45 pm Saturday with limited speed in that area. Site cleanup continues in Carrolton, on Seneca Indian Reservation property. The site is inaccessable to railfans. Information was supplied by a quanity of different sources.

Greg

by Luther Brefo

I guess the question now is who pays for this? I think its under the NS bill since it was their train the derailed.

by Allegheny

Went by the site on Saturday. You could see the equipment through the trees. 2 NS hoppers were sitting on the tracks, couldn't see what else was going on, lots of equipment but hard to see much.