• Noticed/Questioned Major Delays, Annulments, Reroutes

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

by TheOneKEA

Amtrak Regional 151 is taking on passengers from MARC Train 517 due to a failed locomotive at Aberdeen. 151 has been requested to stop at Martins State Airport.
  by tfherb

Does anyone know what happened with 93 at WAS yesterday? It arrived at WAS only 41" late at 5:15 (not too bad considering the storm.) I was waiting at ALX to go to RVR and 93 still hadn't hadn't left WAS at 7:45. The station master at ALX changed our tickets to RVR to 97 (which was on time!) so I never did find out what happened to 93.
  by shlustig

Does anybody know what happened to #313 (30th) westbound Missouri River Runner which shows Dpg. STL OT and then no figures until
Est. Ar. @ KCY of 11'00" late?
  by EricL

shlustig wrote:Does anybody know what happened to #313 (30th) westbound Missouri River Runner which shows Dpg. STL OT and then no figures until
Est. Ar. @ KCY of 11'00" late?
arr. KCY at 9:25p, 15" early. not sure what happened to it in the public OTP system.
  by Gilbert B Norman

Today it is Chicago's turn for a visit from the White Stuff. 4 on the ground now, 10 more and blizzard conditions still to come. Let's hope the Juice stays on. People can get a little silly when they can't watch a major sports event. But Edison has been much more proactive with tree trimming of late, so maybe that will help.

A check of Train Status shows no Service Alerts and Midwest Corridor trains " more or less" on time. However they are or nearly sold out.

Oh well, 58 days to go with this Winter; so far not all that bad around here.
  by jstolberg

13.7 inches of snow so far in Chicago with perhaps another 2 inches before it is over. The city never shut down. The CTA continues to run. Metra is reporting some trains delayed 30 to 40 minutes. The governor did not declare a state of emergency. Amtrak has 2 trains cancelled tomorrow morning compared to 1400 flights cancelled today at O'Hare and Midway. Mayor Rahm Emanuel is running for re-election and he wants Chicago to be known as the city that keeps moving.
  by shlustig

#313 (31st) shows Dpg. STL 4' 45" late and arriving KCY 11' 25" late (estimated - no actual time shown).

Does anybody know the reasons for the delays?
  by ACeInTheHole

Crescent #19 the epitome of DOA... over 4 hours late out of NYP. Dear god when that thing hits freight territory.

Silver Star #91 3 hours down out of NYP.

I could go on.. But I dont have the patience.. The NEC is a mess today from the storm
  by twropr

Am hearing on the Broadcastify feed CETC-6 talking to trains between Holmes and N Phila about overhead power problems. He had told train #655 to raise his pantographs to see if he could take power and was having similar conversations with a SEPTA train. Other trains were being told to operate at 30 MPH and inspect the pantographs on the trains they pass.
Andy
  by BM6569

Empire corridor was a mess today. I believe two trains lost heat, one had to be helped along by a CSX freight. Others were annulled at Albany
  by Palmer5RR

The Southbound Vermonter #55 is showing an arrival at Northampton almost 4 hours late. I don't think it has left St. Albans, VT yet.
  by EricL

shlustig wrote:#313 (31st) shows Dpg. STL 4' 45" late and arriving KCY 11' 25" late (estimated - no actual time shown).

Does anybody know the reasons for the delays?
Again... from what I can see, it actually left on time and arrived 17 minutes early. The GPS on that engine must be getting lost!

Sometimes, when a train gets stranded and has to be rescued by another Amtrak train/engine, or be short-turned at an unusual place, then the GPS reporting gets messed up because the system doesn't always "know" which engine is assigned to which train, etc. To make sure this wasn't the case, I checked on the other the STL-KCY trains for those days, and they were all running normally, so...

I even looked up the delay reports for 313 of the 30th and 31st and they were both empty, apart from waiting for time at stations.
Last edited by EricL on Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  by shlustig

EricL,

Thank you. For whatever reason, I am finding more misinformation and instances of no times than previously. Apparently, the system is not programmed to recognize obviously incorrect times (arriving at the next station before departing from the prior station, or Warp 9 speeds such as #448 (2) 28" SPG to BOS).
Oh well, GI-GO. Just makes it more difficult to keep my review accurate.
  by Gilbert B Norman

First knowledge here , Mr. Eric, of a Sat unit on the engine; I had always thought it was a report from the Station Agent.

But then, there are reports from non-agency stations as well.