• North Broad Station-logic and necessity of stops

• Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.
Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.

Moderator: AlexC

by roadmaster

TU and UC are fighting for FOURTH with TU leading by a nose but fading.
  by Suburban Station

unless you have inside information we don't actually know that. SEPTA did not update the ridership census data for U city for the 2015 census so the data is from the 2013 census. My suspicion is that u city has already surpassed temple but we will have to wait.
  by ChrisinAbington

Suburban Station wrote: I suspect TU has lost its number three spot in the network to u city already.
I think he was pointing out that TU and UCity are jockeying for #4, not #3. Don't think either will pass the big 3 anytime soon.
  by Suburban Station

And I'm highlighting the low quality of data. We have no idea what ridership is today, the numbers are from at least as far back fy13. I suspect that u city has continued its robust growth since then while temple remains somewhat stagnant. It wasn't that long ago u city was a good lower than Tuesday.
I agree, although 30th st may well overtake Jefferson as the number 2..Jefferson was growing but 30th much faster. That was before the s5 disaster of course
  by roadmaster

2015 data has been out for UC and I have no doubt that today, in late 2016, UC has more boardings then TU because in 2015, the gap was within 100 and closing. How can you be so sure 2015 data is not out and you cannot even get third place right?

I was highlighting a blatant error and made light of the insignificance of the fourth place race between TU and UC in regards to the topic at hand. How is the race for completing septa's superfecta of top stations relate to the near term health of NB? Or, how does a change in fourth place relate to improving the ranking of a station that is in the 100's?

If you are trying to use UC's successful growth as an example for NB's potential, that is a huge long shot and a lot needs to change to see that type of growth - even a percentage of that growth. Is it possible? Yes. Should money be spent now or in the next few years for NB improvements? Not today.
  by Suburban Station

The numbers in the fy15 data are identical to the numbers fy13. Either ridership is exactly the same as you believe, or more likely, it's the same data meaning updated numbers are not available. Fwiw the difference between the two in fy13 was 35 riders. I know what the nunber three station is and im predicting it will change. The fact that TU has much more service means it should have more riders but it does not. It's a flawed replacement for North broad.
Should money be invested in North broad today? Absolutely it's in embarrassing Condition.

Not sure what you are referring to about the number three station unless you think that Jefferson can hold on to number 2. Please be more clear
  by Jeff Smith

Admin: In the immortal words of my mother "I don't care who started it". Last few posts deleted. Please try to find a way to argue without the ad hominems, the condescending tone, and the "you're stupid's" and "I know you are but what am I's".

It's a good argument. Don't distract from it.

Thanks.

Jeff