• NJT Customer Service and Website

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

by loufah

uzplayer wrote: I thought I saw one or two earlier trains out of MSU on the schedule. I could have also taken the Port Jervis Line and transfer to a train at Secaucus Junction which would have put me there early. Unfortunately however, that would have meant getting on the road much earlier.
Oh, if you're willing to drive to a station with more frequent service, there's an order of magntude more options. It also becomes more difficult for an agent to find the fastest route for you because road traffic becomes an issue.
  by ryanov

You can't go by the trip planner. It's a shortcut, but it's no panacea. I'm pretty sure it leaves you extra time for transfers that may or may not be needed (and will make sure that time is there -- potentially eliminating trains).
  by Taborite

One transfer the trip planer doesn't seem to include is crossing Newark via the NLR when transferring between M&E and NEC trains (I assume the same would hold for all M&E/M-B-NEC/NJCL transfers, though I haven't checked). Even when the difference in time is dramatically against the option, it recommends Secaucus.
  by Otto Vondrak

uzplayer wrote:Thursday night, I call NJTransit to see if I could find a fairly quick way to get into Penn Station before 7AM without getting up extremely early (in my case 3:30AM which I ended up doing anyway.)...
Whoever runs the Customer Service at NJ Transit needs a lesson in customer care and whoever put the NJTransit trip planner together needs a lesson in programming.
Please take your concerns up with NJT Customer Service.

http://www.njtransit.com/tm/tm_servlet. ... ontactUsTo

This is a railroad enthusiast's site, and there is no one here who can respond to your concerns in an official capacity.

-otto-