• NJT conductor arrested in alleged ticket scheme

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

by Jtgshu

There are scammers and thieves in ANY job that handles money. Its happened since the beginning of time.

I don't mean to poohpooh this incident, as it is very serious, but at the same time, lets be real.

Anyway, there are plenty of ways to get fired from the railroad, (doesn't matter what kind of employee you are, state, public or private sector, or whatever the inflammatory word is this week) but screwing with the money is usually the easiest and quickest.

Its kinda like getting a GO DIRECTLY TO JAIL card in Monopoly. DO NOT PASS GO, DO NOT COLLECT 200 DOLLARS!!!!!
  by OportRailfan

Don't know, but just read that Brochart's $75,000 bail has no 10% option, while Swangers $25,000 bail does have the 10%
  by Uzi-Cat

not really a shame because he is a jerk.
  by Jeff Smith

Kaback9 wrote:Mod Note: Lets keep this civil. This is a very touchy subject and I'm sure there are going to be a lot of different reactions. However for everyone's sake lets keep this as calm and civil as possible no flame wars please.

Thanks!
So much for civil behavior. Completely unsolicited flames. Temp lock while I clean up.
  by Uzi-Cat

Let me clarify my point. I consider him to be a jerk because he would have nothing good to say about anybody every time I saw him in the sign up room. He would constantly mock anyone with less seniority than him. He was in trouble before and made a joke out of getting his job back which was by way of a technicality. My original comment stands, he is a jerk. It is not a shame.
  by ACeInTheHole

Uzi not worth it bud, if he wants to whine and complain let him, hell just get nowhere, remember the exchange that got the train stopping thread lock up and what happened there.. I completrly understand where youre coming from with the conductor, sounds like narristic personality disorder with the conductor jerk (sorry came off a psych test) As irritating as little mnrrfluff is being.. Dont let it get into an exchange not worth the mod punishment, just enjoy your vacation.
  by Uzi-Cat

Jeff can't punish me because I am about to say this....

Jeff Smith Rules!!!

:)

I used multiple exclamation points and added the smiley for good measure. That is as good as Super Mario Brothers invincibility.
  by Jeff Smith

Wasn't you, Uzi. You guys are expressing an opinion about an unidentified person; my issue was certain other flames directed at each other.
  by Jeff Smith

To clarify what I said before, the flames were amongst the members. I cleaned that up. On the identity policy (and you can also see the "complaints" thread) people who are otherwise private individuals, unless they self-identify, are protected here. Don't post actual names, train or car numbers, etc. We can't verify everything on here.

The exception to this is public individuals, i.e. the Governor, President of NJT, and Lindsay Lohan, i.e. public/executive officials and celebutards. The exception to private individuals is once they are identified in news accounts. Apparently that's the case here, so Sully (and if done so previous in the thread) are okay in using a name.

Although let's keep in mind that we are innocent until proven guilty.