• NJ TRANSIT CONDUCTOR CLASS

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

by lbissio734

anybody can help???

I took exam in dec (passed) , feb I did interview , medical and physical passed, for some reason I didn't make it to the April class, does anybody know when does the next class starts???? thank you for your help
  by lbissio734

Anybody here?
  by jkell1234

Did you get a job offer? If not then you probably didn't get hired. You didn't say other than you passing some tests and doing an interview.
  by lbissio734

Yes , I received the job offer letter but Ive been waiting for a class since march , there was one that started back on April 6 but since they schedule medical and physical test so far apart I couldn't make it , so now Ive been waiting for a class to start but I hear that conductors hasn't agree to a contract so there is like a hiring freeze , do you have any info about the classes ?
  by jkell1234

Nope I am not affiliated with NJT. But what worries me about your case and this happened to my wife in a job not related to railroad. She got an offer and when she accepted they said that she accepted to late for the training class that was due to start in a few days from then and she never heard from them . When she hadn't heard anything she called them and they said they had to rescind the offer because they cut their hiring number. If i were you i would be calling someone and getting in someones ass because if you remain silent you might ultimately get passed over. Im not trying to scare you but if they messed up they need to know so they can get you into something

Good luck
  by lbissio734

thank you for the info I follow up with the recruiter every month I want to make sure she doesn't forget lol even if I sound annoying I will keep trying
  by jkell1234

What have they said when you called them?
  by lbissio734

they keep saying that a class hasn't started , someone told me around fall but im not sure