Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

by dc700

Any idea if the baseball service would
be north and south bound ??

by Terminal Proceed

I guess we'll find out when it gets built and the schedule is published - other than that - it's only conjecture.

by badneighbor

Is this area used by freight at all? nothing better in baseball, for a railfan, than to hear big loud BNSF horns blasting during Mariners games in Seattle. Will this happen in the Bronx?

by #5 - Dyre Ave

And I read the Mariners haven't complained to BNSF about the train horns, so I would hope the Yankees wouldn't complain about MN train horns and I think they would be a welcome sound, especially when the Yanks win games.

Interestingly enough, when the Sox won the series last year, I was sitting in my apartment on Commonwealth Avenue in Boston watching Game 4 against the Cardinals and a few seconds after they won the game, I heard a loud long blast of a train horn. The Beacon Park CSX train yards are a few miles from my house, so I heard them loud and clear.