• New Spur in Bay Shore?

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
  by RPM2Night

I noticed what looks like the development of a new spur or siding in Bay Shore, can anyone confirm this or share any rumors they've heard? It looks like there is going to be something going in just west of the second crossing west of Bay Shore station. I saw grounds cleared out in the area, and painted lines that lead from this cleared out area onto the main track along the path that tracks might take and where a switch would be installed. Looks to be the making of a trailing point westbound switch from the north.
  by RPM2Night

After a second look it seems like it might be a double ended freight.
  by The Tenth Legion

What's going on there?
  by LRail

There is definitely something going on. I was down there today and it looked like there was some action west of the 5th Ave crossing. I even saw what looked to be painted wooded stakes in the newly laid gravel just north of the tracks.
  by dedm30junk

they are moving the tracks over to clean up under the main tracks where the contaimated soil came from the old fuel tanks were.no timetable went the work will begin,will let you know when I find ouy more information.