• New rest requirements

• General discussion about railroad operations, related facilities, maps, and other resources.
General discussion about railroad operations, related facilities, maps, and other resources.

Moderator: Robert Paniagua

by bluelightbynight

Does anyone know how the new rest requirements will effect hour of service employees??? Some people think the railroad might have to hire. Is this true???
  by DutchRailnut

Nothing is final so how would you know what is ......
The entire FRA chapter is still in review and won't be final till around summer next year.
any comments are nothing but pure speculation.
  by bluelightbynight

Well some things will change .It is not going to remain status quo. The FRA wants these changes. There is talk about quiet rooms and different rest for employees that work early ams. If these changes are going to be as early as summer next year I am sure the MTA is planning now.
  by DutchRailnut

Yes some things will change, but why speculate, go to union meeting and start asking questions, unions are involved in rule making.
  by SlackControl

Dutch, isn't the point of an online message board just that? To speculate and ask questions on stuff that is a new idea?
  by DutchRailnut

unless somone can show the CFR its claptrap, and this is not a employee board but railfan board.
  by geico

DutchRailnut wrote:unless somone can show the CFR its claptrap, and this is not a employee board but railfan board.
When did you become Site Admin?

Back on topic, it does seem like a FRA ruling would effect staffing levels for every RR
  by Otto Vondrak

Since this isn't an issue specific to the LIRR, this topic should be moved.

Until the requirements are published, there's not much to discuss, is there?

-otto-
  by charlie6017

Let's talk about this when said requirements are published/released--- i.e. when there are facts out there that are able to be discussed.

If someone can kindly PM me when the requirements come out and are available, I will re-open this thread for discussion.

Thanks!
Charlie