• New ownership - Cape Cod Central RR

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

by MickD

Coming home from work the other day there was a guy,not a kid,on a mountain bike,coming off the narrow path next to the tracks at
White's Path crossing.He was headed towards Bass River from Station
Ave.Preview of things to come?I really hope not!!

by CSX Engineer 98

Think about it......How would they secure crossing Bass river on the Bridge? Plus rip up the track pave the trail....Yarmouth and Dennis Dont have the Funds to do it...So dont count on it :wink:
  by Pacobell73

Shame. The outer end of the line would make a great place to store freight. Also, great way to get bikers to the start of the Rail trail at Rt. 134. Very limited scope...

Instead, the line is left to rot and be desecrated. :(
  by frrc

The rails to trails people would probably get funding from the Federal and State governments to convert to a rail trail. Sad, no funding for track rehab, yet funding for rail trails.

:(

by Pacobell73

Here is a nice shot from the very end of track at Rt. 134 in South Dennis. Looks like a fan trip from the early 1990s.

by MickD

That was during Dennis Festival Days.I was on one of those trips.

by Red Wing

Right now DCR has a Fix It First Campaign. So before they even think about expanding the trail the back log through out the state would be fixed first. Speaking of Fix It First DCR is almost done with the Brewster section of the rail trail.

by Pacobell73

MickD wrote:That was during Dennis Festival Days.I was on one of those trips.
Wow. Nice to know that the outer end of the line was able to be used until recently. Sorry it has been left to deteriorate. It appears that the current owners (Bay Colony/Cape Cod Railroad) does not have the same preservation attitude that the previous owners had. :(
Last edited by Pacobell73 on Thu Jun 08, 2006 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by BayColony1706

I want to say that the last train to the End of Track was around '96 or '97.
Also, does anyone here remember the old Bay Colony boxcar that sat there for years?[/img]

by MickD

Yeah and I remember that trackmobile too.