• New Observations

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

by F23A4

When I connect to Hoboken each morning, I tend to make some pretty cool observations that leave me with questions:

1) Has anyone seen those two gold/blue pullman(?) coaches at Hudson Interlocking? Do those belong to NJT or Amtrak??

2) This morning I saw what appeared to be some sort of overly-windowed, streamlined coach at MMC (westbound side). It was burgundy and had USDOT logos on it. Does anyone know what that's all about??

Thanks
  by AKelley728

F23A4 wrote:When I connect to Hoboken each morning, I tend to make some pretty cool observations that leave me with questions:

1) Has anyone seen those two gold/blue pullman(?) coaches at Hudson Interlocking? Do those belong to NJT or Amtrak??
I saw those two coaches yesterday on my ride home on the NEC east of Newark. They said 'Royal Rail' on the side. Pretty sharp!

by tunelowplayhard

The cars are owned by the M&E. They are there because they were waiting to be picked up by AMTRAK for a charter trip or waiting to be brought back the MMC so that the M&E could come pick them up and bring them back to Whippany.