• New Leominster station, opening date?

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by ST214

They moved the old cover(New last summer) to the new station this week, as well as the LED board. Only thing remaining at old station is benches. New station looks mostly complete, so does anyone have a date????

by sery2831

The station is supposed to open Monday. There is supposed to be a dedication ceremony at 12:30p, but no info has been given to any train crews as of yet.

by Ron Newman

What is the purpose of relocating this station? Or will there now be two stations in Leominster?

by ST214

Oooh, i am getting up early Monday. I want to watch them come thru the new station. THere was literally an army of workers working on the platform in addition to the paving crew putting down the final layer.

by sery2831

The station looked done on my way home tonight, still nothing offical about stopping there!

by ST214

I got a offical date from MART. The opening date is now set for October 4th. Too bad i will be in Canada on that date, and will not be able to photograph the first train stopping there. Supposibly, there are some comm wiring problems. Looks like they also need to finish the high levels.

by sery2831

Took a spin by the station today to check it out! And it looks fairly complete, some minor details need to be addressed. But the one thing that was noticed that the station signs have an error! They misspelled Leominster!!!
http://photos.nerail.org/showpic/?20040 ... 731426.jpg

by N.Y. State Of Mind

Why did they not install high-level platforms on that new station?

by sery2831

I am sure it's not high level due to the fact it's on the frieght main. The mini-highs have foam edges and can be flipped up by the track dept for high wide movements. Also the intertrack fence is removable for this reason.

by ST214

Boy, doesn't that suck!!! Now, all the signs have to be replaced. I also see that they placed another sign at the old station, telling you which way Fitchburg is and which way Boston is.

by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

and the T spent all that money and couldn't spell the name of the station correct lol