• New Jersey Seashore Lines: was CNJ being cleard Woodmansie>N

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by wolfboy8171981

CJPat wrote:This is going to be an industrial track hauling sand cars. If it is upgraded above 10 mph, I would be surprised.

If the track was any faster, what would the train crew do for the rest of the day?
Take a longer lunch break.
  by Shark

wolfboy8171981 wrote:
CJPat wrote:This is going to be an industrial track hauling sand cars. If it is upgraded above 10 mph, I would be surprised.

If the track was any faster, what would the train crew do for the rest of the day?
They can crack open a cold one, drop trou, and sit back on the porch watching the world go by.
  by CJPat

Shark wrote:
wolfboy8171981 wrote:

They can crack open a cold one, drop trou, and sit back on the porch watching the world go by.
ROTFL!! :P
  by Jtgshu

Sounds good to me! except the whole "drop trou" part, - ill keep mine on thanks very much, don't wanna get sunburn, you konw?

Too bad it don't look like they are gonna use SD40-2s, they could have a whole picnic table on the front porch and reclining lounge chairs on the back! :wink:
  by Matt Johnson

I think 125 mph Turboliner service on this line would be an ideal interim solution, while they work on completing electrification for 220 mph Siemens Velaro equipment.
  by GSC

They could do like the old days, when the CNJ sand train crews would stop at Collingwood Auction for lunch, all kinds of food available (on weekends, anyway).
  by wolfboy8171981

GSC wrote:They could do like the old days, when the CNJ sand train crews would stop at Collingwood Auction for lunch, all kinds of food available (on weekends, anyway).
We ued to continue that tradition back on the WPSA-35 days as well.
  by southern sec. kid

wolfboy8171981 wrote:
GSC wrote:They could do like the old days, when the CNJ sand train crews would stop at Collingwood Auction for lunch, all kinds of food available (on weekends, anyway).
We ued to continue that tradition back on the WPSA-35 days as well.
And into the sa 31 days as well but even with the sa 35 I always saw a train parked up in downtown fdale for food when I was 3 years old and I'm 13 now
  by GSC

They'd tie up just clear of Main St and hit either the convenience store right there, or hike up to Connie's, or that breakfast place next to the Shop & Bag.
  by GSC

If SA31 comes down in time on Fridays, the Auction is open. I'm sure they know that. I can't pass that place without buying a hot pretzel, and maybe a sub and a gallon jar of pickles, and warm fresh roasted cashews for my wife.

The pickle lady is quite easy on the eyes, BTW...
  by southern sec. kid

My good freinds mom is the pickle lady haha I'd have to agree on the easy on the eyes comment as well :p hah
  by JLo

My good freinds mom is the pickle lady haha I'd have to agree on the easy on the eyes comment as well :p hah
A pickle Cougar. Nice. :-D
  by GSC

Was to the auction yesterday for my pickle and pretzel fix. Nice weather, the place was jumping.

She was still quite easy on the eyes, btw.
  by Mr. Ed

You need to take a photo next visit!

Later!
Mr. Ed