• New Haven RS-2's

• Discussion relating to the NH and its subsidiaries (NYW&B, Union Freight Railroad, Connecticut Company, steamship lines, etc.). up until its 1969 inclusion into the Penn Central merger. This forum is also for the discussion of efforts to preserve former New Haven equipment, artifacts and its history. You may also wish to visit www.nhrhta.org for more information.
Discussion relating to the NH and its subsidiaries (NYW&B, Union Freight Railroad, Connecticut Company, steamship lines, etc.). up until its 1969 inclusion into the Penn Central merger. This forum is also for the discussion of efforts to preserve former New Haven equipment, artifacts and its history. You may also wish to visit www.nhrhta.org for more information.
  by Stag Hound

While looking at my Proto 1000 model of a New Haven RS-2, I wondered to myself, are their any left? I would post this in the New Haven forum but that hardly sees any action. I know their is NH RS-1 & RS-3 left, but do not recall anything about a RS-2. I know they lingered in Boston commuter service after being bumped by the RS-3's and GP-9s. Thanks in advance!

Signed,
Inquiring Minds, Dangerous Minds
  by TomNelligan

The New Haven's RS2s were all retired between 1963 and 1965. None were preserved.
  by Otto Vondrak

Stag Hound wrote: I would post this in the New Haven forum but that hardly sees any action.
Moved to the New Haven Forum so nobody will see it.

-otto-
  by cnefan

I was working for the New Haven as an Operator/Towerman when the first two RS-2's (#0500 and #0501) were delivered from ALCO at Pittsfield, MA. on Wed.; Dec. 10, 1947. I have a couple of photos that I took of them that day.

Leroy Beaujon
Roseville, CA