• New Haven Observation Bunker Hill - info??

• Discussion relating to the NH and its subsidiaries (NYW&B, Union Freight Railroad, Connecticut Company, steamship lines, etc.). up until its 1969 inclusion into the Penn Central merger. This forum is also for the discussion of efforts to preserve former New Haven equipment, artifacts and its history. You may also wish to visit www.nhrhta.org for more information.
Discussion relating to the NH and its subsidiaries (NYW&B, Union Freight Railroad, Connecticut Company, steamship lines, etc.). up until its 1969 inclusion into the Penn Central merger. This forum is also for the discussion of efforts to preserve former New Haven equipment, artifacts and its history. You may also wish to visit www.nhrhta.org for more information.
  by rdgrailfan

anyone have any additional information regarding this car, seems like it is an unusual NH car to be still in existence????
http://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.ph ... 4e4161562a
Information from another web site:

Stainless steal construction
Observation Bar, 57-seat lounge
built -7/1949

476 Bunker Hill apparently still exists, anybody have any data or information on the owner or status of the NH cars

The MU combine (along with the other lightweight New Haven Cars) is owned by John Birmingham of Boulder Scientific Company in Mead Colorado. Cars have been stored in Ohio since 1991. The round end car is ex New Haven Bunker Hill. In 2005 some work was done on that car towards moving it to Colorado, but the project died on the vine.

I am somewhat amazed that any of the equipment is still there. Art Davis was well into his 90's when I last saw him (2005)
  by chrisnewhaven

I don't believe they are the same car; as far as I'm aware, Watch Hill is the one you photographed, and Bunker Hill is still rotting away in Orrville (with a few other pieces of ex-New Haven passenger equipment).

C.J.V.