• New Hampshire Northcoast

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

by Quartertruck

Did NHN have a train fire today. I heard something about a train engine fire off rte 16 in Ossipee NH.

by GP40MC 1116

From what i gathered on another list someone told me:

The 3825 3823 and 1757 went south today around 4:30 in Union. I think it was the 1756 that had the fire.I also found out whatever engine it was the wiring harness caught fire and some oil caught on fire also

by b&m 1566

I don't believe any major damage was caused to the engine from what I have gathered. Some parts will need to be replaced and I was under the impression that it was faulty wiring that was the cause of the flare up which burned some filters; the fire was put out by the on board Fire Extinguishers and I don't believe a fire department was notified.
Picture of the engine on nerail, click here http://photos.nerail.org/showpic/?photo ... Northcoast

by GP40MC 1116

b&m 1566 wrote:I don't believe any major damage was caused to the engine from what I have gathered. Some parts will need to be replaced and I was under the impression that it was faulty wiring that was the cause of the flare up which burned some filters; the fire was put out by the on board Fire Extinguishers and I don't believe a fire department was notified.
Picture of the engine on nerail, click here http://photos.nerail.org/showpic/?photo ... Northcoast
Actually since luck dosn't seem to be with NHN, that was a seperate incident, the call today from what i gathered here:

OSSIPEE, NH (CARROLL) **TRAIN FIRE** ROUTE 16 NEAR AGGGIE OSSIPEE CORNER LOCOMOTIVE FIRE ON THE RAILROAD TRACKS-FIRE DEPT ON SCENE APPOX 1/2 MILE IN FROM ROUTE 16-11:22

by b&m 1566

You have got to be kidding me! Another fire! I think NHN will be getting rid of the two remaining GP9's very soon. There old, tired and beat up... oh yeah and catching on fire!

by GP40MC 1116

b&m 1566 wrote:You have got to be kidding me! Another fire! I think NHN will be getting rid of the two remaining GP9's very soon. There old, tired and beat up... oh yeah and catching on fire!
Yea, i know that want to have some reserve power, but w the GP38's they are in good shape. Not to mention I believe the 1757 and 1756 can not go past Dover as they have all sorts of "issues" with them