Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

by Dick H

It is reported that the two GE's from the Conway Scenic
were heading out of North Conway this AM behind the
CSRX 216. Should be a NHCR move to Hazens today
or tomorrow.
  by bm1838

If anyone heres when they leave please keep the group posted. I might be up on Wednesday if they haven't been retrieved yet I will go check them out

Cor
  by bigfreight

Nothing happened today thru Lancaster. Maybe they will move on wednesday.
  by bigfreight

LLPX2304 Came south thru Lancaster on Monday afternoon with one covered hopper for Presby Plastics. Any word on when Conway's engines are going to move?
  by bm1838

NHCR is open until November 30th now. I will post later but I dont want to spoil the surprice that is on the way as no one online knows about it. But anyways NHCR will retrieve the GE locos before November 30th from Crawfords...

Cory
  by BR4

Isn't that big of a secret. Looking for a long trip between 2 fairly close points on
the map.
  by thebigham

Bad news for the tracks between Colebrook and Beecher Falls:

Nov. 2011 issue of Railpace:

All rail from Bridge St in Colebrook north to Beecher Falls is being removed for a snowmobile trail.

The rail will be used to repair other state owned rail in NH.
  by bigfreight

LLPX2304 Came north thru Lancaster at 100pm with the two Conway Scenic engines and 21 cars. Cars constisted of 3 covered hoppers, 3 Boxcars, 3 tankers, and 12 intermodal flatcars. I talked with the guy flagging the crossings today and he was unsure if this was the last move for the winter.
  by bigfreight

The snowmobile club came thru Lancaster putting up the signs at the crossings. Not , that there is any snow to ride on the tracks yet. Looks like railroading is all done for the winter from Groveton to Hazen. Happy Holidays All!
  by bigfreight

YIPPEE! Railroading has returned to the Groveton to Hazen line. LLPX2304 came south thru Lancaster with 1 covered hopper for Presby Plastics. Presently they are having lunch at GO GO Gas in LancasterNH in case anybody is in the area and wants to chase them south to Hazen.
  by Dick H

Good to hear that the Groveton-Hazen line is open "for the season".
If I recall correctly, a certain feline will not be happy. Thanks to
"big freight" for the news...