• New Green Line Tunnel

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by WonderlandMan

It's unclear to me exaclty what route the new green line (North Station -> Science Park) tunnel is going through. Will it be the same at the elevated structure just placed underground? If someone can provide an illustration that'd be great

thanks

by trigonalmayhem

This picture from the big dig's website should clarify at least the science park side of the alignment for you.

As far as I know about the rest of it, it runs a bit further along parellel to the orange line and then curves around under the fleet center in its underground parking garage area before connecting up in this picture.

by Ron Newman

And if you walk around the area, you'll see that construction is well underway. The tunnel part has been there for years, under the FleetCenter, waiting to be connected to the rest of the line.

I posted some links to recent photos in the "Green Line Elevated Demolition" thread.

Perhaps we should start a "Green LIne Construction" thread once demolition is finished (which it nearly is).