• New CN/CP Interchange (Dorval)

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Canada. For specific railroad questions, see Fallen Flags and Active Railroads categories.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Canada. For specific railroad questions, see Fallen Flags and Active Railroads categories.

Moderator: Ken V

by Montrealrail

For sure,And at Hobby Junction,they have some great deauls too,I use to go there for my trains and accessorie,for the loco they have some nice deals.

Presently,they builtding an CN/CP interchange like at Dorval,around there,should take a look while passing by,the roadbed is already there..
  by SLR 393

I live in Maine and we don't have a shop around here that carries N scale, so Hobby Jct. is a nice shop to visit!

We will be at Dorval, so we can see that new interchange area.
  by Montrealrail

It look like this in the moment,the one beside Dorval Via station is no more there anymore..they took it off last week.

and it's right in front of Hobby Junction,so it's not far to go for look it closer..
  by gaspeamtrak

Montrealrail wrote:It look like this in the moment,the one beside Dorval Via station is no more there anymore..they took it off last week.

and it's right in front of Hobby Junction,so it's not far to go for look it closer..
I used to live in Montreal 30 years ago and do get back at least once a year to visit family.
Sorry i'm not up on what your talking about.I'm not sure what this cross over is for???Is it for freight trains or commuter/Via trains??? What's wrong with the one at Dorval.
That's "Sources BLVD" going over the tracks in the picture?
Just curious about what your talking about.:)
  by Montrealrail

They just move the CN/CP exchange for a future using on a close future,cause they expect to rebuilt the Dorval round point and ma a new exchanger,they already started the works on the highway exchanger,eventually,they will replace both bridge and the train will have to be detourned on the other tracks.We will see CN on CP and CP on CN..
they also expecting to relocate the VIA Dorval station and probably,a train for the airport,but I'm not sure if it will be VIA or the AMT communter trains..

where Turcot exchanger,that will be a mega-works area pretty soon,I live 5 minutes away from there and I will be able to see everithing there,I expect that they will problably relocate the CN's track there too may be soon..
  by SLR 393

Thanks for sharing that info. I model Dorval, or I will be when I get to my upper deck. Maybe next year when I am ready to add Dorval to the layout the new bridges will be built and I can model those!

I think now the plan is to come up to Montreal labor day weekend, and again December 4th for the Habs-Bruins game. Looking forward to more awesome railfanning!
  by Montrealrail

they expect to finish the interchange around december,but aroud Dorval station,the works are only begining
I get some new pics of the interchange last week and it's look like this

and while I took these pics,the train skipped the Dorval stop cause a close-call,resulted in a RTC error..
the other train was comming over us on track spped.funny to ear on the radio "RTC controller,ask to skip the station cause a colision risk :-D the following train came on emergency cause the too close proximity from our train,,
A good proove to show how much traffic passing by Dorval

The expressway was following us,but we get some late on the schedule,that's why that's appened
  by SLR 393

Thanks for the update, I appreciate the photos and posts!
  by SLR 393

Can anyone give us an update on the construction work around Dorval? I will be visiting the week after Christmas and would like to get an idea of any changes. Thanks.
  by Montrealrail

Theres a big work area up there,but the VIA station still accesible easyly..They building a new hyghway access for the airport and replacing the one already there..
The only thing changed is the Dorval exit from the 20,that is more closer than before,juste enough large for a truck..
For this winter,the VIA station will be accessible like last year,and probably on next summer,They will do some more work..

I will try to get some pics next time I will pass by...
  by NS VIA FAN

Lots of construction going on but everything is still accessible. I was in Dorval a week ago and stayed at the new Fairfield Inn and what a view! Constant traffic on the parallel CN & CP mainlines.......+24 VIA and 27 AMT trains a day.
DSC03215.JPG
DSC03217.JPG
  by SLR 393

Nice shots, thanks for sharing. Appreciate the info. I am really looking forward to getting back up there, and visiting Hobby Junction again!
  by Montrealrail

Nice view from that hotel..

We can see eayer the grade before the station..
I also noctice they already tooked off the old bridge and the new one look like completed..
Just the 2 other structures to finish..
The sidewalk on the new bridge could be a new spot.. :-D