Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

by Train2009

murfunit wrote:Saw 154-156 heading east through Mineola today.
#156 is a NYA unit.
  by murfunit

My bad! Time to take advantage of my union optical plan. Thanks
  by Train2009

murfunit wrote:My bad! Time to take advantage of my union optical plan. Thanks
You're welcome.
  by LINYARailfan

Following last nights Mainline derailment east of New Hyde Park, 153, 160 and and another unit I couldn't get the number of were holding the main on the west end of the derailment site, and 152 and 158 were holding the main on the east end of the derailment site.
  by Train2009

#150 was hanging out near the washer at Morris Park this afernoon, #163 was the Jamaica protect and #161 was on a work train with a red flat car loaded with a white crane on it near the East River Tubes.
  by tj48

2 MP-15ac's running light eastbound elephant style on the grade between Wyandanch and the Deer Park Ave overpass. Couldn't get numbers due to the speed they were traveling and very ratty paint jobs.
  by Train2009

#172 was the Jamaica protect today.
  by Norton

157 & 168 westbound through Mineola @9:40 am hauling several ballast cars
  by MADDOG

came through Jamaica this morning on the 9:39 Baldwin train and while waiting at track 2, saw 160 on the west end with dotx fra car and 163 on the east end. Looks like they were heading into Morris Park. Can anyone tell us what this car is used for?

MADDOG
  by B&M 1227

Quick Question: Do MP15's ever venture onto the line to Atlantic Terminal? Do work trains here run with some other type of power or cars due to the tunnels? Is there any opportunity to see MP15s on the Atlantic Ave elevated portion?
  by gregorygrice

B&M 1227 wrote:Quick Question: Do MP15's ever venture onto the line to Atlantic Terminal? Do work trains here run with some other type of power or cars due to the tunnels? Is there any opportunity to see MP15s on the Atlantic Ave elevated portion?

MP15s are not allowed into tunnels. Only locos allowed down there are SWs
  by Train2009

#171 was the Jamaica protect today, at 11:48 AM this morning #163, #160, #168, #157, #153 and #150 were on a eastbound work train with the Darth Vader, a few Ballast and Diffco Side Dump cars from Holban yard. The work train was headed up to the Montauk Branch for this weekend's tie track work between Babylon and Speonk. At 3:22 PM this afternoon MP15AC #166 was leading a westbound CE move with DM30AC #501 to Morris Park. #165 is back in service, see a video of it on YouTube, https://www.youtube.com/results?q=LIRR& ... %253D%253D" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
  by Teutobergerwald

Six MP-15ac's powering one train ??????
  by gregorygrice

Teutobergerwald wrote:Six MP-15ac's powering one train ??????
The units get split into seperate trains at the work zone.