• Movie Magic: Auto Rims On Tracks

• Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.
Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.

Moderator: Aa3rt

by Cosmo

I'm just curious,...
does anyone know the actual wheelbase of a Delorian? How much splicing or cutting on the axles would one need to do?
(NOT that I'd concider doing this myself... Delorians are rarer than steam engines these days!) :wink:
  by Marty Feldner

Google is a truly wondrous thing:

http://www.dmcnews.com/faq/t_dims.htm

The wheelbase is 7' 11". But I'm pretty sure what you meant is the 'track', or wheel center to wheel center on an axle; that is 5' 2.6" front, 5' 2.8" rear- roughly 4 inches wider than standard gauge. Very doable...
  by Cosmo

Aaaahhh... yeah.
I knew "wheelbase" was incorect, but didn't know the correct term, (til now) but I figgured someone here would.
Thanks! :-D
  by newyorkcentral

I remember watching a Macguyver episode where the hear gets a pregnant woman out of town by riding the rails with a standard jeep that had no tires. :-D
  by ex Budd man

Brazil has wide gauge railroads. That would probably be a very close fit.