• Morristown & Erie 110th Anniversary Excursion

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

by blockline4180

Wow, lots of rare passenger mileage on this!!!
Gotta start saving up for this one, thanks!
  by Hawaiitiki

I couldn't find any price quotes. What do folks think the average prices are going to look like? ~$100 for a regular seat?
  by nick11a

beanbag wrote:They must be insane with those ticket prices.
No, they are actually reasonable, considering the incredible amount of effort that seems to have been put into this between railroads. The insurance cost for such a trip must be pretty high. Most of the Washington Secondary, for instance, is 10 mph and hasn't seen a revenue service passenger train in a very long time.
  by ACeInTheHole

nick11a wrote:
No, they are actually reasonable, considering the incredible amount of effort that seems to have been put into this between railroads. The insurance cost for such a trip must be pretty high. Most of the Washington Secondary, for instance, is 10 mph and hasn't seen a revenue service passenger train in a very long time.
The bedroom suite one I think is the one that irks me a bit, the rest are acceptable. Makes sense with the insurance on the old passenger cars and the like. On a side note, 3010 seems to be Norfolk Southern's go to locomotive if they are asked to help out with special occasions in the NJ region, I don't know if it's just me but the engine does seem to come up alot in this area.
  by R36 Combine Coach

3010 is assigned to the H-02 (Dover) and is the regular for Toys for Tots.
  by nick11a

beanbag wrote:
nick11a wrote:
The bedroom suite one I think is the one that irks me a bit, the rest are acceptable. Makes sense with the insurance on the old passenger cars and the like. On a side note, 3010 seems to be Norfolk Southern's go to locomotive if they are asked to help out with special occasions in the NJ region, I don't know if it's just me but the engine does seem to come up alot in this area.
Then, not to be rude, but don't buy it. Someone might.
  by Phase Gap

This to me sounds like the "Don of Dover" farewell trip..... When he retires he will be missed by a lot of people...
  by baldwr

beanbag wrote: The bedroom suite one I think is the one that irks me a bit, the rest are acceptable. Makes sense with the insurance on the old passenger cars and the like. On a side note, 3010 seems to be Norfolk Southern's go to locomotive if they are asked to help out with special occasions in the NJ region, I don't know if it's just me but the engine does seem to come up alot in this area.
The bedroom suite is the price for the room, not for an individual passenger. The room cost includes rail fare, snacks, drinks, breakfast and lunch for 3 passengers. If you distribute the cost over 3 people, it comes in $417.67 / person, in between the normal First Class and Deluxe First Class fare. I see the pricing as in-line with the rest of the fare structure.
  by ExCon90

Experience of excursions in recent years suggests that the rooms may be the first to sell out.
  by Idiot Railfan

I will be there! This trip is enough to coax The Idiot Railfan out of hibernation!
  by nick11a

Idiot Railfan wrote:I will be there! This trip is enough to coax The Idiot Railfan out of hibernation!
Hibernation? Lol. Good to see you IR!