• MN GP40FH

• General discussion of computer gaming and railroad simulations. Topics include MS Train Simulator (MSTS), Auran Trainz, Railroad Tycoon, Railroad Dispatcher and more...
General discussion of computer gaming and railroad simulations. Topics include MS Train Simulator (MSTS), Auran Trainz, Railroad Tycoon, Railroad Dispatcher and more...

Moderators: LIRRMEDFORD, 8th Notch

by Sid Farkus

I recently downloaded the MN GP40FH pack on KLW and I can't get the 4900 to work. When I try to use it it says failed to create cabview. However, the 4185 works fine. Any help installing? Thanks
  by CNJGeep

Did you go through the folder and the .eng and did you make sure it has a cabview set up?
Maybe it was built as AI stock?
  by Sid Farkus

There is a cabview folder with a few files inside. I tried copying the cab folder from 4185 to 4900, but it still didn't work.
  by CNJGeep

Go into the .eng file and make sure the cabview is the same. Make sure the alias files are in the cabview folder.
  by Sid Farkus

I can't open the .eng file though.
  by Montrealrail

to open the engine file,we have to use "wordpad" and that will work,and make sure when realliassing the cabivew,to get all parentheses and make a back-up before,for cabview going with this engine,you can download them on the same site

just have to scroll on this page

http://www.jaysmarine.com/KLW_our_addons_a.php
  by Sid Farkus

Worked, thanks a lot for your help. Now I have another train that I can get to work. The New Jersey Transit F40PH from train-sim. I read through the readme and can't get it to work. When it appears in consist editor, I can't create the shape file or something along those lines.
  by Montrealrail

Did you look if the .S and the "sd files are in the train folder?
sometime,you have to copy one from another locomotive,if it the case,it's supposed to be indicate in the read me..

I can have a check if you have the file name,I will downolad it from trian sim and make a try.
  by Sid Farkus

They all have those files. What I did was that when I opened up the zipped folder there are all the files, but no folder. I made a folder for each engine and dragged in the files for that engine, and copied the cabview folder into each engine folder.
  by Sid Farkus

Never mind I got it to work, but thanks for your help anyway.