• Metrorail Cars on Each Line from 1992-1995

• Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.
Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.

Moderators: mtuandrew, therock, Robert Paniagua

by hardyboyz1999

From 1992-1995, which line had the most 1000 Series cars, which line had the most 2000 Series cars, which line had the most 3000 Series cars and which line had the most 4000 Series cars?

by WMATAGMOAGH

The cars move around fairly frequently, so it is hard to give specific numbers. Historically, the Green line has never had a large number of Rohr cars assigned to its yards, and the Yellow Line has seen fewer Rohrs in recent years, too.

by red-orange line

As far as I know the Green line was home to most of the Bredas. The same is true for the Yellow line. The Blue line for some reason to me seems to have most of the Rohrs. The Red and Orange lines had a mix though they had a bit more Bredas than Rohrs compared to the Blue Line.

by WMATA Black-Black

I always noticed the new cars go to the green line at first where they are subject to the most abuse, I would run the Rhors on the green & blue lines; put the 4K on the yellow and as gap trains.

by red-orange line

WMATA Black-Black wrote:I always noticed the new cars go to the green line at first where they are subject to the most abuse, I would run the Rhors on the green & blue lines; put the 4K on the yellow and as gap trains.
That's how it always has been since the green line started service in 1991. At first almost all the bredas ran on the green line until 2001. At that time the green line start running most of the caf's. Now it runs most of the new Alstoms.

by WMATAGMOAGH

WMATA Black-Black wrote:I always noticed the new cars go to the green line at first where they are subject to the most abuse, I would run the Rhors on the green & blue lines; put the 4K on the yellow and as gap trains.
That is because the 5000 Series and 6000 Series cars were accepted at Greenbelt Yard. Rehabs are accepted at Alexandria Yard.