Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

by railtrailbiker

Various Metro-North Railroad schedule changes will go into effect April 3 to accommodate track outages and station rehabilitation work.

Slight adjustments have been made to peak, off-peak and weekend trains, most of which are at intermediate stops and affect about 25 percent of Metro-North trains.
http://www.thejournalnews.com/apps/pbcs ... 70389/1018

by Nester

It sounds like the writer (Caren Halbfinger) lifted the entire article out of this month's Mileposts.

by mncommuter

Nester wrote:It sounds like the writer (Caren Halbfinger) lifted the entire article out of this month's Mileposts.
Nah, the Mileposts article would probably be written more like this:

We know you like schedule changes, so have we got some schedule changes for you!! Did you know that April is the fourth month of the year??? And speaking of April, take a trip to the zoo to see the APE-Rills! Our average ontime performance in April is 99.99999 percent!!

The preceding was a joke. No Mileposts writers were harmed in the making of this joke. (I hope)

by andy

They also have a very strict warning about the on-board fare purchases on the new timetables - no exceptions to the on-board surchange if you have a TVM or Station Agent. Period. If the TVM wasn't working, you have to submit your ticket for a refund.

I wonder how long they will make people wait for a refund.

by MN Jim

This policy is not new, but the text was added to the timetable as a way to more clearly advertise the policy and the fact that the train crews cannot make exceptions. It's hoped that this will make it a little easier on the crews, although there will always be the ones who just want to make life difficult.

I'm not sure what the current turnaround time on a mailed-in claim is, but if the customer brings it to the ticket office at GCT, the refund is instant, if the machine outage is verified. No machine outage=no refund, no exceptions. And yes, all types of failures, even inability to print receipts, are logged centrally.

Jim