• Metro North Blue?

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

by trainguy2024

I am painting some of my engines in the Metro North Blue. I want to use floquil. What is the best color blue to use?
  by JamesRR

While we're on the subject, does anyone have a good paint color for the MetroNorth/CDOT red/orange? What's seen on the old FL9s and M2's?

Thnx
  by FL9AC

I have painted both the Metro-North freight units as well as a few F10's and the closest blue I've found and am now using on the Metro-North units is "CSX Blue". As for the CDOT red/orange...at least on the McGhinnis units I use Model Flex "Socony Red". If you want to paint the red band on an M2 model though, you can almost use any red from a caboose red to almost a pink, as some of the M2's have faded so bad they are literally pink :wink: .
  by deandremouse

I did a Metro North GP8 and I randomly found the perfect paint color-
Colors By Boyd True Blue Pearl #52906 good luck!