Discussion related to commuter rail and rapid transit operations in the Chicago area including the South Shore Line, Metra Rail, and Chicago Transit Authority.

Moderators: metraRI, JamesT4

by AMTKHawkeye

It looks like Heritage Corridor train no. 914 has been running with engine 109 for the last couple of days.
  by AMTKHawkeye

It seems that Metra Western Avenue can't make up it's mind. As of this afternoon, 109 is now back in Milwaukee District/NCS service, with 103 now working on the HC. 111 is still on the HC as well, but I have not been able to determine which is now the third unit as of yet.
  by metraRI

415 was trailing 204 on RI this afternoon... and that F40PH-3 remains at 14th Street. They seem to be moving it in and out of the maintenance building. Still not able to get a number.
  by bones

105 & 115 are in the BN pool. 115 was 2nd out on a double-header going to Aurora last night.
  by MetraBNSF

bones wrote:105 & 115 are in the BN pool. 115 was 2nd out on a double-header going to Aurora last night.
Would've been on train 1269.
  by MetraBNSF

115 was on BNSF's double header this evening on train 1269. It was switched into the lead position with MP36PH-3S 405 trailing it.
  by metraRI

210 has also now made its way from MD to BNSF, as it was on that same SWS train this evening. Curious why the moves are being made... possible 183/184 may go back to RI.
  by metraRI

Metra is def in shuffle mode, 211 has been spotted on RI. Interesting that 209,10,11 have been the units being swopped so far. Not sure if anything has gone to MD in their places.
  by AMTKHawkeye

Metra is def in shuffle mode, 211 has been spotted on RI. Interesting that 209,10,11 have been the units being swopped so far. Not sure if anything has gone to MD in their places.
I'll keep reporting on Milwaukee Pool sightings, as I ride the MDW daily; as well the BNSF Pool, as I can see their coach yard from my present work location.

There is still an F40PHM running Heritage Corridor trains, which must be #212, as the other three that were previously in the Milwaukee Pool are quoted above as now being moved.

Also of note, I haven't seen either of the F40Cs in Union Station or at Western Avenue for the last 4 or 5 days. Could be a coincidence, but maybe not?