• Medical Center underpass

• Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.
Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.

Moderators: mtuandrew, therock, Robert Paniagua

by farecard

I see press coverage of some money appearing for the planned underpass beneath Rockville Pike.

But I'm yet to see any cogent details.

Will it create a 2nd entrance to the platform; i.e. more faregates?
Will it extend under Naval Medical's massive lawn into the building; or just cross the road and resurface?
  by Sand Box John

"farecard"I see press coverage of some money appearing for the planned underpass beneath Rockville Pike.

But I'm yet to see any cogent details.

Will it create a 2nd entrance to the platform; i.e. more faregates?
Will it extend under Naval Medical's massive lawn into the building; or just cross the road and resurface?

See Medical Center Station Access Improvement Study FINAL (20.1 MB PDF file) pages Sec 6 36 - 54 for plans and elevations of the various options proposed.
  by Arlington

farecard wrote:I saw several proposals, but am not clear which one, if any, they chose.

http://www6.montgomerycountymd.gov/cont ... 072010.pdf

http://www6.montgomerycountymd.gov/cont ... 072010.pdf
Its been a year. Any updates on the Medical Center underpass?
  by Sand Box John

"Arlington"
Its been a year. Any updates on the Medical Center underpass?

Finance & Administration Committee
Action Item III-A
February 14, 2013
Approval of Medical Center New Entrance Agreement

Pedestrian underpass will be a physically separate facility similar to the underpass at White Flint.

Emergency exit stairs behind 3 elevators to be located on the east side of Rockville Pike. Second elevator between mezzanine and platform to be located where the exit fair vendors are.

Plan and profile on pages 9 and 10

All you had to do was go the wmata.com and enter Medical Center in the search box, the above document was third in the results.