• MEC stainless steel coaches w/green window band

• Discussion relating to the pre-1983 B&M and MEC railroads. For current operations, please see the Pan Am Railways Forum.
Discussion relating to the pre-1983 B&M and MEC railroads. For current operations, please see the Pan Am Railways Forum.

Moderator: MEC407

by jebradley

I want to letter one of my model coaches for MEC with the green window band and yellow striping; secured a diagram of one w/window placement and color detail. BUT, the forum contact insisted that only #245 Abenaki got the green window band, all other MEC stainless coaches kept the maroon band. I seem to recall several green-banded coaches on the Pine Tree ready to depart North Station circa 1956. Anyone know which MEC cars got the green bands?
James E. Bradley Hawk Mountain Chapter N.R.H.S.
  by gokeefe

No word on whether or not other coaches had the green window band. You would think from the search results from this that the post WWII era of passenger service never happened. Either people weren't taking pictures of trains back then (unlikely) or they simply haven't been posted in large numbers to the main rail photo sites (probable).
  by jbvb

In this particular case, there are a fair number of post-1954 photos of the MEC's 1948 P-S lightweights, but I've only ever seen the one car in green; I agree with the consensus of the [email protected] people.