• MEC 354 leased to PVRR

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

by Jedijk88

Word is that MEC 354 is being leased to the Pioneer Valley Railroad, and that it will be dropped off tonight in Holyoke at the PV interchange.
  by BowdoinStation

354 is getting around! 354 was recently borrowed by New England Southern, as their SW1500 is in the Burlington VT shops of new NEGS owner, Vermont Railway.
  by NHV 669

I was wondering what they used to move the new Hobo unit north...
  by BowdoinStation

From what I heard, New England Southern borrowed the new Hobo SW1000 to deliver it to the Hobo. They took it from Concord to Tilton (Lochmere) and the Hobo people took it from there. I saw pictures of it on NERAIL.
  by NHN503

NHV 669 wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:45 pm I was wondering what they used to move the new Hobo unit north...
The new Hobo unit was moved on its own.
  by NHV 669

Thanks for the clarification.