• Married pair to doylestown.

• Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.
Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.

Moderator: AlexC

by 25Hz

A few weeks ago (3 tuesdays ago?) i took my usual trip to doylestown via jenkintown from langhorne. Usual suspects on the west trenton line part, 4 silverliner 4's open one closed and shut down pan up. On the jenkintown to doylestown leg i rode a silverliner 4 pair, just 2. What could have happened to cause this? It was very crowded, not quite packed but all the seats were taken and a few were standing including me.

I got kind of nervous because a while back i was on a 6 car train 3 singles and 2 pair, and the one pair was clearly dead.
  by Amtrak67 of America

25Hz wrote:A few weeks ago (3 tuesdays ago?) i took my usual trip to doylestown via jenkintown from langhorne. Usual suspects on the west trenton line part, 4 silverliner 4's open one closed and shut down pan up. On the jenkintown to doylestown leg i rode a silverliner 4 pair, just 2. What could have happened to cause this? It was very crowded, not quite packed but all the seats were taken and a few were standing including me.

I got kind of nervous because a while back i was on a 6 car train 3 singles and 2 pair, and the one pair was clearly dead.
Im confused by this post! Are you asking us or telling us what you saw? Also Septa routinely runs just 2 cars on many runs including weekends so this doesnt come to a surprise to anyone.
  by scotty269

Amtrak67 of America wrote:
25Hz wrote:A few weeks ago (3 tuesdays ago?) i took my usual trip to doylestown via jenkintown from langhorne. Usual suspects on the west trenton line part, 4 silverliner 4's open one closed and shut down pan up. On the jenkintown to doylestown leg i rode a silverliner 4 pair, just 2. What could have happened to cause this? It was very crowded, not quite packed but all the seats were taken and a few were standing including me.

Im confused by this post! Are you asking us or telling us what you saw? Also Septa routinely runs just 2 cars on many runs including weekends so this doesnt come to a surprise to anyone.
You obviously didn't read. He rode a 4 car set with only 2 cars in the train. It was one of those Langhorne to Doylestown peak express trains via the Jenkintown wye.
  by Franklin Gowen

scotty269 wrote:
Amtrak67 of America wrote: Im confused by this post! Are you asking us or telling us what you saw? Also Septa routinely runs just 2 cars on many runs including weekends so this doesnt come to a surprise to anyone.
You obviously didn't read. He rode a 4 car set with only 2 cars in the train. It was one of those Langhorne to Doylestown peak express trains via the Jenkintown wye.
Makes perfect sense now, yessiree. ;-) [pokerface] "That's no BS" [/pokerface].
  by 25Hz

It was a train to doylestown, i don't know where it came from, the time of day was around 3 pm. Not peak hours. It was a tuesday as i said, not a weekend. Normally the train is 4-5 cars (observed over 7 months of the same time and train every tuesday). Just curious as to what happened to cause it to be so small when the line needs more than 2 that time of day.
  by cruiser939

Haha, you've all just been TREnecNYP'ed! I had no idea that this guy subjected the SEPTA forum to the same nonsense that he posts over at NJT!
  by jb9152

"Cool story, br"....naaaaah, that's way too easy.