• Map availabilty

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

by trainwayne1

I'm looking for a source for a map that would show or a list of the industry sidings on the NYS&W between Pompton Lakes and Green Pond Jct. during the period between approx. 1930 and 1960 for a modeling project.
My Dad had told me that at one time there was a local freight job that started out of Butler and would work east to Pompton Lakes to service Du Pont and Pompton Lakes Building Supply, then work customers on its way west to Green Pond Jct. where it would get its cars for the next days work. He told me that there was enough work to keep the crew busy for 12-16 hours a day which would seem to be an excellent operational starting point for modeling, with staging yards on each end to add thru freight and passenger trains into the mix. Thanks in advance for any help!