• MAINE CENTRAL RAILROAD STEAM LOCOMOTIVE #501 PROJECT........

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

by The MECnanic

I BELIEVE WITHOUT A DOUBT THAT THIS TITLE WILL END ANY IDEA THAT MEC#501 WAS REMOVED FROM THE CSRR YARD AS THE WORD "SPLIT" MEANS IN TEXT =DEPARTED. I don,t think there was any intent to mislead by choice of wording. I know that all those who operate this site as well as those who brouse thru it ,post messages, etc,will enjoy this forum as everyone including I hope that after many false starts , some short some long in duration, 2007 will see some serious strides made. I,m sure the 470 Club is not alone when it came to much work having to be undone /redone. I,m sure the new FRA Codes that came out in 2000 that didn,t require this or that back then but do now affected more than just the 470 Club. Look at it this way, look how many years it took The Red Sox to win a World Series, frustrating Yes! but the day did come.When I see #501 in the Roundhouse, work benches, air lines and it looks like a work area , and more than one man is working on it, and things are happening we will know for sure. I hope this site /thread will become a bulliten board,volunteer roster , a current events page , It,s soon to be time to do somthing. If the other posts can be moved to this titled forum , and the locked ones deleted , GREAT!.

by Otto Vondrak

"Split" only means that we fished all the 501 threads out of the CSRR topic and made them their own topic... that way we can have one dicussion about 501. Let's please continue the conversation there? I hope people do use this site as a resource for news and updates on the 501 project.