• Looking for information on miniature railroad in Hopedale, M

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

by Pat Fahey

HI All
I know this is off -subject , I am looking for information about a miniature railroad , that is located in Hopedale, Mass . What I am trying to find is the location of the railroad . The railroad for what I am told is a ground line track , similar to what Waushakum Live Steamers have in Holliston, Mass, which I am a member .
Any information and it's location would be helpful , Thank You Pat
  by edbear

It might have been in Nipmuc Park a picnic grove with a few rides. We went there a few times in early 1950s. I think it was right on Route 16. Might have actually been in Mendon.
  by edbear

Correction. It was Lakeview Park on Lake Nipmuc in Mendon, MA on Route 16. The Lakeview Ballroom suvives as the Myriad, a function hall. If you go to lostnewengland.com, you'll find a bit of info on the Lakeview, including a few photos of abandoned walkways.
  by edbear

There was a live steam line, Blackstone Valley Railroad in a guy's yard on Route 126 in Bellingham, same side as Walmart and just a bit east of there. The fellow had a ticket booth, sold tickets and then climbed aboard his engine and chugged along on a circular line. Long gone.
  by Pat Fahey

Hi All
Thank you very much for all the answers , Ed Bear the railroad that you are talking about in Bellingham , Mass was owned by Mr. George Lakeman . One of his engine's that he built does survive today , at the California State Railroad Museum , but it is not on display .
I am mainly looking for information about a small groundline private railroad in Hopedale, Mass , the person that told me about the railroad , was not sure in it's location .
Blackstone Valley RR.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.