• Logo with no merge

• Discussion related to the operations and equipment of Consolidated Rail Corp. (Conrail) from 1976 to its present operations as Conrail Shared Assets. Official web site can be found here: CONRAIL.COM.
Discussion related to the operations and equipment of Consolidated Rail Corp. (Conrail) from 1976 to its present operations as Conrail Shared Assets. Official web site can be found here: CONRAIL.COM.

Moderators: TAMR213, keeper1616

by Conrail1990

If there had not been a merge with NS and CSX. What do you think the Conrail logo and paintscheme on their locomotives would have been?

by charlie6017

Probably...............the same ones they had all along?

by LCJ

That would be my guess.

One might wonder, though, what the corporate name and image would have been for the proposed Conrail/CSX "merger of equals" that never came to fruition.

by conrail6479

how about CR/NS merger

by uhaul

A Conrail & Norfolk Southern merger? This is like a head trip without the drugs. :-D Unlike 1976 Conrail would probably not paint out all the logos on every single locomotive. The all blue quality scheme would be applied to DC units and the Blue & White scheme to AC units.

On a bit of a side note: Somebody photoshopped a NS C40-9W in Conrail Blue recently, but with NS markings. According to them the Dash 9s ordered right after the split up should have been painted blue since there were many gallons of blue paint still laying around. ?

by lvrr325

Units painted by GE would have had the paint ordered for them.

Units delivered in primer could have been painted anywhere on NS; it's not likely they'd pack 10 (or however many is necessary) gallons of paint on the unit in Juniata for use whenever it arrived at a shop for paint.

I would have bought some of that paint surplus, it's not a bad color.

by Otto Vondrak

If there had not been a merge with NS and CSX. What do you think the Conrail logo and paintscheme on their locomotives would have been?
This question is making my head hurt.

1) If there had been no changes (no meger/breakup), then... there would be no changes!

2) If there was a merger/breakup (like what happened in reality)... then Conrail engines get painted for NS and CSX! No change to the Conrail logo (http://conrail.com/).

3) If Conrail didn't merge with NS, then Conrail would still be blue and NS would be black.

4) If Conrail didn't merge with CSX, then Conrail would still be blue and CSX would be CSX.

Now ask me what Conrail would look like if it didn't merge with Santa Fe. :-)

If you want this thread unlocked, just PM me. Otherwise, let's move on to some productive conversation.

-otto-